Thank You to our Festival Sponsors and Volunteers!
Zilker Garden Festival has earned a reputation for being the best place to celebrate the arrival of spring in Austin and Central Texas. Our generous sponsors and enthusiastic, hard-working volunteers play a major part in the festival’s success.
Let’s begin with our Sponsors…
- The City of Austin and Parks & Recreation Department…their co-sponsorship of the garden festival is a major contribution to AAGC. From the professional staff at Zilker Botanical Garden to arranging for the safe arrival of our festival visitors to the entrance gates, PARD’s involvement is essential to our success.
- C3 Presents has been a long-time supporter of Zilker Park—through its annual Austin City Limits Music Festival—and a loyal friend to Zilker Garden Festival. They carry the banner as our Title Sponsor for Zilker Garden Festival again this year.
- GSD&M Idea City…their creative team has designed our festival logo since our 50th annual garden festival. We owe our distinct, purpose-based branding –used in all of our advertising and on the festival teeshirts—to GSD&M’s creative talents.
- News Radio 590 KLBJ…returns again this year as our exclusive radio sponsor. KLBJ provides on-air promo spots, ticket giveaways, and the live broadcast of their gardening talk show from the festival grounds.
- The Austin American-Statesman…continues its generous promotional support of the garden festival. Our primary print advertising source, The Statesman will again publish an exclusive Inside Edition insert on Thursday, March 18th, that appears in over 200,000 subscriber newspapers.
- Affordable Portable…has been donating one of their gazebos to our garden festival for many years now. Across from the entrance, it’s where visitors can get information they need about festival activities, locations of their favorite vendors, and so much more.
- Girling Health Care…continues to provide us with professional nursing services for the First Aid Station located in the Garden Center. It’s a priceless gift to us!
And, let’s end with our volunteers. As we go to press, over 250 AAGC garden club members have stepped up to the plate to make sure our primary fundraiser is a well-planned, carefully orchestrated event. Add to the mix a cadre of University of Texas students, who sign on to join us through the UTVolunteer.org service organization…they love our festival!
When we celebrated our 50th annual garden festival, I quoted a writer for The Statesman (Julie Bonnin, in an article published March 18, 2006 in the Life & Arts). Her words still ring true:
“Let’s not call her a dowager, but Zilker Botanical Garden certainly isn’t the new kid on the block anymore…an outgrowth of a project initiated in the 1950s, this beloved patchwork quilt of cultivated green space in the heart of the city is a testimony to the labor and dedication of its volunteer work force.”
President – Austin Area Garden Council