2013 Zilker Garden Festival
Saturday, April 6 &
Sunday, April 7, 2013
10am - 5pm daily
$7 Adults*, $3 Children (age5-12)
For over 50 years, the annual Zilker Garden Festival has been a one-stop, garden shopping destination when spring arrives in Austin and Central Texas. A family-friendly event, the garden festival offers something for everyone –
- the annual Flower Show in the Garden Center, featuring judged designs and an array of horticultural specimens. This year's theme is "Remember Our Beginnings"
- live music from the Soundstage in the Rose Garden – with a variety of musical offerings both afternoons
- Gardening Talks under the big, white tent next to the Garden Center – where novice and seasoned gardeners will enjoy talks from local gardening experts
- the always fun and interactive Kids' Corner in the Rose Garden – where kids can build a birdhouse, have their faces painted, make dinosaur masks and butterfly wings
- enjoy tasty food offerings at the Food Court in the Oak Grove on the Escarpment Trail
Plan to arrive early and bring your wagon!
Vendors from across Central Texas will fill the garden, selling a variety of plants – annuals, perennials, cacti & succulents, vegetables and herbs, and tropicals. Festival goers can also shop for garden-themed arts and crafts, ceramic pottery, unique jewelry, herbal products, baskets, birdhouses, and colorful garden benches.
Zilker Garden Festival is co-sponsored by the Austin Area Garden Council (AAGC) and the City of Austin Parks & Recreation Department (PARD). The festival is the primary fundraiser for AAGC, and proceeds support Zilker Botanical Garden.
Please note that the grounds will be closed to the public and to photographers all day
Friday, April 5th for festival setup. Thank you for leaving Fido at home when you visit the garden festival.
Smoking Ban: The City of Austin's Smoking in Public Places Ordinance prohibits smoking in all City parks and facilities. Smoking on the grounds of Zilker Botanical Garden is strictly prohibited.
**Garden Festival Parking & Transportation Options
Festival visitors can reach the festival by car, bike, or public transportation. Public parking will be in the Polo Fields across from the front entrance to Zilker Botanical Garden on Barton Springs Rd., from 8am to 6pm, Saturday and Sunday. Cost is $5@space.
Parking under the Mopac median is strictly prohibited. Cars will be ticketed and towed. The Austin Police Department will be patrolling surrounding neighborhoods for illegally parked vehicles.
- Bike Parking – Bike Racks will be provided and located inside the fence to the left of the front entrance (green lawn area) on Barton Springs Rd. Bring your own lock!
Find out about biking in Austin at: www.austintexas.gov/department/bicycle
Everyone is encouraged to use pedal power.
- Public Transportation – Cap Metro Bus routes within 4 blocks of event site: CAP Metro Route 6 (Barton Springs Rd/So. Congress) www.capmetro.org
- ADA Parking –Zilker Park Polo Fields (along fence facing Barton Springs Rd) 8am-6pm. Cost is $5@space. Must display special needs placard