Zilker Botanical Garden—more than 30 acres of gardens, often called “the jewel in the heart of Austin”—is a unique collaboration between the city’s Parks & Recreation Department (PARD) and the Austin Area Garden Council (AAGC). The garden is open to the public year-round and is enjoyed by over 300,000 visitors each year, including thousands of school children from Austin and surrounding communities. Find out more about admission fees and events. From our annual spring garden festival - Zilker Garden Festival, to AAGC garden club workshops and plant sales throughout the year, to docent-led tours, we offer our visitors countless ways to enjoy Zilker Botanical Garden.
Your support of Zilker Botanical Garden is vital to sustaining our reputation as a world-class botanical garden. We offer a variety of giving opportunities:
- Become a Zilker Friend and enjoy membership benefits at different levels of giving*
- Commemorate a loved one or special event by purchasing an engraved brick* for the Walk of Friends
- Volunteer your time and talents to support the beautification and maintenance of the gardens within Zilker Botanical Garden
- Participate in fundraising events such as Zilker Garden Festival
- Shop at Chrysalis, the gift shop in the Garden Center
*AAGC is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization so all contributions are tax-deductible. Friend memberships are valid for 12 months.
AAGC is a member of the American Horticultural Society’s Reciprocal Admission Program. If you become a Zilker Friend, you enjoy reciprocal privileges to over 300 botanical gardens throughout the U.S. and Canada. Visit www.ahs.org for details about the program and a current list of participating gardens found on the AHS online directory.
For more information
on how you can support Zilker Botanical Garden, please contact
us at 512-477-8672 or email