- This event has passed.
Ecstatic Dance at the Zilker Botanical Garden
September 18, 2022 @ 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Sunday, September 18th experience Ecstatic Dance, a community dance event that offers a curated musical playlist by Jared Driscoll and a space for creative movement expression.
The music will play for two hours divided into two sets that follow a rhythm that rises and peaks, then drops down to stillness. Ecstatic Dance is considered a moving meditation and embodiment practice. There is no right way to move your body, we just ask that you do so safely and in agreement with our community guidelines.
The Ecstatic Dance community guidelines are:
- respect yourself, each other, and the beautiful garden
- be sober and mindful of how your contributions impact others
- this dance floor is nonverbal and deviceless
- no photos or recording (though we cannot guarantee that you will not be recorded or photographed by the public)
- this is an an all-ages event, but ask that your children remain with you at all times