- This event has passed.
Grow Green to Keep our Water Clean
May 3, 2022 @ 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
Join the City of Austin Grow Green Team for a Virtual Landscaping Training!
- How we can protect our creeks and lakes by re-thinking our relationship with harmful landscape chemicals
- How you can save money on your monthly drainage charge by adding cisterns and rain gardens to your landscape
- How & why catching rain with cisterns & rain gardens helps with your drainage problems and creek health
- Austin Water Landscaping Rebates to save money!
- 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Q&A: 1:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- 12:00 p.m. TOP 10 BEST PRACTICES TO GROW GREEN & KEEP OUR WATER CLEAN
- Denise Delaney, City of Austin, Watershed Protection Department
- 12:15 p.m. WHY CATCH RAIN?
- Paige Olivero, Urban Patchwork
- 12:30 p.m. HOW TO CATCH RAIN: DIY RAIN GARDENS & CISTERNS
- Tyagaraja Welch, Sustainable Humane Earth
- 12:45 p.m. HOW TO SAVE $ ON LANDSCAPING USING AUSTIN WATER REBATES
- Chris Charles, Austin Water
How to Join this Virtual Event
To join the training on Microsoft Teams you must use either Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome browsers
Join on your computer or mobile app
Or call in (audio only)
+1 512-831-7858,,587650057# United States, Austin
Phone Conference ID: 587 650 057#
This event is presented by the City of Austin Grow Green Team and its program partner, Austin Water.
The City of Austin is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable modifications and equal access to communications will be provided upon request. The City of Austin ADA Office requires four days in advance notice to schedule most services.
To request communication assistance, contact Denise Delaney at Denise.Delaney@austintexas.gov or (512) 974-2581 at least four business days before the class.
More Gardening Tips: www.GrowGreen.org
Drainage Charge Discount Application: www.austintexas.gov/drainagediscount