2023 Woodland Faerie Trail Events
May 27th, 10am-2pm: Woodland Faerie Trail Opening Day
June 3, 7pm-10pm: Woodland Faerie Trail by Moonlight
June 10, 10am-2pm: Fae Fest
The Woodland Faerie Trail relies on volunteers to make it magical. Volunteering is also a great way to support this community event and a fun way to earn free admission to enjoy the festivities! See all opportunities below:
- Installation Assistants: Support with the installation of Woodland Faerie Trail Plots, Support needed on 5/15, 5/18, 5/20, and 5/21
- Moonlight Night Volunteers needed 6/3
- Welcome Table: Greet garden visitors and help them navigate the faerie trail activities/learn more about how to get involved in the garden/collect feedback forms from visitors. Support needed 5/27, 6/10
- Fairy Wing Making Craft Table Volunteers: Help visitors make their own pair of fairy wings! No art experience is necessary! Support needed 5/27, 6/3, 6/10
- Plants of Botanical Folklore Interpretive Table: Share facts and information from our interpretive sheets with the public. You do not have to be an expert, we will teach you the details! Support needed 5/27, 6/10
Friends of the Fae we are proud to announce that plot reservations for the 2023 Woodland Faerie Trail are now full! To join our waitlist please follow these steps:
- Create a GivePulse Account: Click here to sign up
- Read the 2023 Guidelines below
- Register in GivePulse for one installation date using this link (you will need a code found in the Guidelines to register for a date): Click here to register
- If a plot opens we will let you know via email and send you the link to pay. You will have 48 hours to complete payment, if you do not complete the payment within that time your plot will be opened to the next person on the list. Once your payment is processed we will send you your plot # and more details about the event.
We hope a spot will open up for you and the faeries thank you for your interest in building them a home! If we do not have a spot open this year, we hope you’ll apply again next year and consider attending our Woodland Faerie Trail programming throughout May and June. Please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions and she will contact you if a spot opens.
About the Woodland Faerie Trail
Each summer, the Woodland Faeries return to Zilker Botanical Garden to vacation in Austin, TX. Families, school groups, and individuals within the community build tiny homes in preparation for the arrival of these fae folk. Each home is built with natural materials that will withstand the summer heat and be on display off the Oak Grove, along the winding Woodland Faerie Trail throughout the season. We ask that visitors do not disturb these homes in order to provide a safe and respectful atmosphere for the faeries.
All homes have been designed and built by volunteer faerie architects and can be enjoyed by all visitors beginning May 27th.